Printables to teach emotional regulation, life skills and independence
Training and interactive activities to teach educational and life skill concepts including sensory and emotional regulation, fine motor skills, routines and organisation & literacy and comprehension.
Designed by a qualified teacher and mum of two kids with Autism who understands the unique challenges of raising kids with Autism | ADHD | PDA.
TRAINING & RESOURCES
Calm Parents | Happy Kids
Empowering parents of kids with Autism, ADHD and/or PDA to understand big behaviours, why they occur and what to do to minimise outbursts.
Ask us for an NDIS invoice!
LEARNING THROUGH PLAY
Build Independence & Life Skills
Equipping kids to succeed in life with fun and interactive activities to teach fine motor skills, literacy and comprehension, routines and organisation and how to stay calm and well regulated.
Training Bites Library
‘Bite size’ pieces of information to empower and equip parents and educators to understand behavioural, educational and life skills concepts
We are passionate about:
- understanding sensory & emotional regulation
- all behaviours are communication
- fine motor skills
- literacy & comprehension
- learning through play
- using strategies such as planners and routines to better cope with day to day life
- teaching life skills to encourage kids to grow into well balanced adults.
Designed by a Qualified Teacher
Hi I'm Tash 👋
I'm the Director of Little Wooden Toybox, a qualified teacher, and I design all our educational resources and training. I'm a single mum of two teens with Autism, ADHD and PDA and have the podcast 'The Crap and The Crazy'
My background and life experience has given me a unique insight into:
- Creating fun and engaging educational and life skill resources
- Understanding behaviours that challenge and why they occur
- Understanding how emotional regulation and sensory input impacts both us as parents and our little ones (diagnosed or not)
- Developing, implementing and managing resources & coping strategies to make home life calmer & more organised
All of these concepts and resources can be applied in the classroom or at home; equipping parents, teachers, therapists and early childhood educators with tools and strategies to confidently keep kids engaged and learning through play.